Main content start
A project specifically designed for high school students, this toolkit on Citizenship in 21st Century America brings deliberative democracy into the classroom setting. The toolkit is available for download for any teacher or educator. The toolkit introduces ideas of deliberative democracy and polling, enhances research skills, and improves communication skills of students.
Documents Available for Download
- Complete Toolkit
- Toolkit Instructions
- Teacher’s Session 1: Introduction/Citizenship and Participation
- Teacher’s Session 2: Exercising Choice
- Teacher’s Session 3: Serving One’s Country
- Teacher’s Session 4: Becoming Informed
- Student’s Session 1: Introduction/Citizenship and Participation
- Student’s Session 2: Exercising Choice
- Student’s Session 3: Serving One’s Country
- Student’s Session 4: Becoming Informed
- Online Survey
- Data Entry Instructions
- Moderator Guide
Video Lessons on Deliberative Polling and Deliberative Democracy
These videos provide important context and information to understand deliberation and deliberative polling.
Case Studies on Deliberative Polling
These videos explore specific cases where deliberative polling was put to use around the world.